Please fill out the form to express your interest in holding a stall at the Swanage Fairy Festival.
Please answer the following questions and we will promptly get back to you.
Filling out the form does not guarantee a spot. We apologise but will not be able to host all those interested in holding a stall due to the high volume of interest and to maintain the integrity of the event.
Please read details and information below that should answer some basic questions and queries you may have.
Thank you for your interest and support.
All traders will need to provide license (where required) and Insurance
Details & Information
Booking your stall
• All traders must complete the booking form above. Give as much information as possible. Include all your links to social media platforms and website
• All traders must have PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE to trade with us
•. All food and drink traders must have Health and hygiene certificates. And PAT testing for any equipment bought onto site.
• Once your application is accepted an invoice will be sent to you which must be paid within 7 days with all your legal documentation to secure your place at the festival. Payment made without necessary documentation will not be accepted and you could lose your spot.
• An email will sent to all traders after invoices have been paid with instructions on how and where to enter the venue, where to park etc...
• We will send you a risk assessment form on acceptance which must be completed and sent back to us.
Once you are booked in the prospect of trading at the festival can be quite daunting. Please don’t worry, there’s lots of help once you arrive at the event. But good preparation is key. Here’s a little check list of what you may need to prep for your Stall
• Stalls are either 3m x 3m or a 6m x 3m spaces, keep this in mind and rent appropriate size for your needs.
• This is an outdoor event and all stalls will require to bring a gazebo.
• All stall holders need to supply their own tables
• Traders are responsible for bringing weights/ropes to secure their gazebos.
• The council will conduct a risk assessment If they feel your gazebo is not secure this will have to be remedied immediately. Homemade sandbags are acceptable, cheap and easy.
• Price your stock carefully, This event is aimed at families so should be affordable you don’t want to over price or under price your goods or service.
• Try not to over load your stall.
• Bring extra stock so you can restock during the event. Store it under your tables to restock quickly.
• If your items are handmade and you can’t easily provide more on the day bring business cards to hand out to potential customers who may want to buy in the future.
• Please bring long (clean, ironed) table coverings to hide anything that is under your tables. Remember presentation is everything. People want to see who you are. What you sell and for how much. Please be clear on all of these. This is your platform for your business so be prepared.
• Bring with you anything you think may stand out from the crowd.
• Have Signage for price and what you offer,
• Have flyers/business cards to promote your brand/business
• If you do have any small items have a bargain bin which always attracts customers.
• Please NO FLUORESCENT STARS OR LABELS with scribbled pens instead invest in some chalk boards and nice labels.
• Food and drink traders please state if bringing tables and chairs. There will be some provided in communal areas.
Marketing and Promotion
• The event will be heavily promote at all surrounding schools and on all Dorset tourism sites.
• We will regularly market and promote the event on our Instagram and Facebook pages.
• We expect all our traders to follow suit. Follow us on social media "'like" our posts or pictures and share with your own page and followers. The more of a buzz we can create together the more successful the event will be, the more you will sell, we all win.
• Use your own social media accounts to invite family, friends and current customers.
• If you have a mailing list or putout a regular enewsletter let your customers know about the event, send them a link to the website.
• Add the link Swanagefairyfestival.com on your website. If you do let us know and we will reciprocate.
• Share the digital flyer everywhere you can and on every social media platforms you use.
Set up & Breakdown
• Event times are Thurs., Fri & Sat 1, 2, 3 June 10.30-6pm
• Set up is on the Wed 31 May from 3pm until 7pm and breakdown is from 7pm Saturday 3 June.
• No cars or vehicles will be allowed to enter or leave the site after 8.30pm Wednesday 31 May.
• Limited camping spots are available onsite. Please state in your application whether you would like to camp onsite. This will be determined through a first come first serve basis.
• If you sleep offsite you will need to return NO LATER than 8.30am on each day of the event.
• No traders will be allowed to enter after 9:30am. It is your responsibility to arrive on time and could be refused entry.
• There will be overnight security & the venue will be fenced in.
• It is at the stall holder's discretion whether you want to leave your stock or not. If you take it with you remember to
• Ensure you have the correct equipment you need to transport your stock on and off the site safely to your car.
• We can not guarantee that you can park close by to load and unload. We strongly suggest to have a colleague/friend to help.
• For those camping onsite you will be able to come and go as you please. We encourage you to visit some of the wonderful restaurants, pubs and takeaways on offer in Swanage.
• We do ask for quiet on the site after 9:30pm. Being mindful of the surrounding neighbours will ensure the local residents and council will allow camping at the site for future events
• Please state on your application if you need electricity. The charge is £20 for the weekend.
• If you prefer to use your own generator it must be silent and PAT certified.
• Should your generator be deemed too noisy or emit too many fumes you will be required to use the organiser's electric power and you will be charged the £20 weekend rate. This will be determined at the organiser's discretion.
• The location it on the beautiful Swanage seafront. Being by the beach it can get quite busy so
please be careful and plan your exit with caution. Be aware of pedestrians especially small children
who may be running without looking. Sandpit Field from Virtual Swanage
• Be kind, friendly and helpful to your neighbouring traders. We are all here
to have a fantastic time and spread some fairy love.
• This event is a non-profit that supports local schools and the community.
This is going to be a beautiful event. We are delighted to have you all involved.
Thank you for being part of The Swanage Fairy festivals first year.